Appvance.ai is the inventor of AI-driven test generation technology, which has revolutionized software testing. The company’s premier product is Appvance IQ (AIQ), the world’s first AI-driven, unified test automation system. The software enables enterprises to dramatically improve the quality, performance, and security of their applications while transforming the efficiency, speed, and output of their testing.
Appvance.ai is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. with offices in Rochester, NY, San Jose, Costa Rica, and Bangalore, India.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality of our customers.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process and customer success. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
About the Role
- Be one of the main QA testers of our Appvance testing product.
- Understanding customer’s project and implementing the same scenario using the Appvance platform.
- Architect and design complex testing scripts in short time frame.
- Documentation of new process and keep existing documents updated.
- Should be working from customer locations when necessary.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- 4-5 years in a testing organization/ department with experience in functional, automation and performance testing.
- Good knowledge of SDLC and thorough understanding of various testing methodologies.
- Experience with an Automated Functional Testing tool like QTP or Rational or Selenium.
- Experience in testing UI and web applications.
- Ability to lead a call, understand the issue and try to give a workaround for the issue
- Experience in testing web services.
- Experience in manual/ automation/ performance/ acceptance/ regression testing.
- Exposure to Test automation tools like Sahi, Selenium, JMeter, soapui etc.
- Ability to analyse application logs.
- Experience in reporting bugs, preparing test reports, tracking bugs to closure.
- Good understanding of all phases of software testing and quality control.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Who You Are: Passionate about delivering for customers, detailed oriented, always delivering on commitments, proactive in delivering bad news. Technically sophisticated. Love to think outside the box and explore new ways to execute projects. Passionate about collaborating and putting out the absolute best work. Great at managing productivity.