Appvance is the inventor of AI-driven autonomous testing technology and is leading the charge to revolutionize software development lifecycle. The company’s premier product is Appvance IQ (AIQ), the world’s first AI-driven, unified test automation system. This powerful software enables enterprises to dramatically improve the quality, performance, and security of their applications while transforming the efficiency, speed, and output of their testing.
Appvance is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with offices in Costa Rica, Rochester NY, and India. Investors in the company include Javelin Ventures, Kayne Capital, TRIHold Co, Social Internet Fund, and Funders Club.
Appvance is currently seeking an experienced Software Architect for our Costa Rica office. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues and provide technical leadership within the engineering team. The ideal applicant will be able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive architectural design background and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Java architect to examine, define, and integrate the software architecture.
- Responsible for upgrading or defining new architecture systems to support current and future Java applications.
- Identifying the hardware and software infrastructure needed to accommodate the company’s architectural goals.
- Troubleshooting design flaws and system bottlenecks.
- Performing validations tests to ensure the flexibility and scalability of the Java environment.
- Meeting with technology managers and design teams to discuss the goals and needs of the company.
- Assisting the software design team with application integration.
- Seeing the big picture needs of the company.
- Design scalable architecture systems for Java-based applications and current and future software application needs.
- Conduct system performance tests.
- Completing system reports.
- 7+ years experience designing and building complex software applications.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns, SQL, web application development, AWS, Appium, Selenium, security, and open-source technologies required.
- Knowledge of Machine learning and AI techniques desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of software architecture and experience with high-level Java programming.
- Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience will be reviewed.
- Must be fluent in English.
What we offer you:
- Sense of belonging
- Flexible workplace
- Innovative, transparent workplace culture!
- An Agile, Nimble environment.
- Kudos – Always!
- Private Insurance